RBI Assistant Exam Recruitment 2019-20
RBI Assistant Notification PDF : Reserve bank of India has released the recruitment for assistant post. The total number of vacancies in RBI assistant clerk notification is 926. Aspirants can apply directly for RBI assistant post from the link provided below.
RBI declared the RBI Assistant exam dates and online apply dates. The RBI Assistant prelims exam will be conducted on 14th & 15th Feb 2019. RBI assistant mains exam will be conducted on march 2020. Aspirants will be able to apply for RBI assistant exam from 23rd December 2019 and the last date to apply for RBI Assistant exam is 16th January 2020.
Important changes in RBI Assistant Exam 2020
Changes in RBI Assistant Exam Pattern – RBI introduced major changes in its preliminary exam. This year sectional timing will be there in RBI Assistant prelims exam. Each section will have 20 min of time and the total time for the exam will be 60 minutes.
Language Proficiency Test (LPT) – The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
RBI Assistant Important Events 2019-20
Here is the list of important dates for RBI assistant 2019-20 recruitment from online application apply date till RBI assistant result date.
|S.No.||RBI Assistant Events||Important Dates|
|1||RBI Assistant Apply Online Application Start Date||
23rd December 2019
|2||RBI Assistant 2019 Apply Last Date||
16th January 2020
|3||Last Date to pay RBI Assistant Application Fee||
16th January 2020
|4||RBI Assistant 2020 Admit Card Download Date||
1 week prior to the exam
|5||RBI Assistant Exam Date 2019-20||
14th February, 15th February 2020
|6||RBI Assistant Mains Exam Date 2019||March 2020|
|7||RBI Assistant Prelims & Mains Result Date 2019||
To be notified soon
RBI Assistant Vacancy Detail 2019-20
Reserve bank of India declared total 926 vacancies for the post of assistant. Below we are providing category and city wise total vacancy for RBI Assistant Exam 2019-
|RBI Assistant Vacancies*|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||11||0||14||32||6||63|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||2||0||5||11||2||20|
How to apply for RBI Assistant 2019-20
Candidates can apply online only from 23.12.2019 to 16.01.2020 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with /mention e mail id to any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria
RBI Assistant Educational Qualification(As on 01-12-2019)
- Graduation Degree: The eligibility criteria for the RBI Assistant exam is a graduation degree with the minimum of 50% (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) marks in any of the streams such as BA, B.Com, BSc, B.Tech, etc., from a University recognized by the Government of India. A candidate who possesses the same qualification from the university recognized by the Central Government is also eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidates should have a valid Mark-sheet / Degree:
- The certificate that supports that they are graduates on the day they were registered for the exam.
The percentage of marks obtained in Graduation should be mentioned at time of registration for the RBI Assistant examination.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as RBI Assistant exam is conducted online.
- Language Proficiency: Candidates should have verbal and written proficiency in official language of the State/UT. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the language.
- Nationality / Citizenship of Applicants:
- Candidates applying for RBI Assistant Examination should be one of the following: Citizen of India
RBI Assistant Age Eligibility(As on 01-12-2019)
Candidates applying for the RBI Assistant examination should be 20 years old but not more than 28 years old at the time of registration. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/12/1991 and not later than 01/12/1999 (both days including) are only eligible to apply. Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category wise candidates as per the government rules:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years (GEN/ EWS), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Serviceman||The actual period of service rendered in the defence forces +3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex- Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||10 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||5 years|
RBI Assistant Application Fees
Candidates are required to pay Rs. 450 (for General and OBC Candidate) or Rs. 50 (for Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD) as their Application Fee for RBI Assistant 2019-20 Exam. He/She can pay the application fee online using net banking or by any credit/debit card. Please note that no application fee is required to be paid by the RBI staff.
|Category||Amount / Fee|
|For OBC/General Candidates||Rs 450/-|
|For SC/ST/PWD/EXS Candidates||
RBI Assistant Salary in hand
RBI Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14,650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13,150/- plus two advance increments admissible to Graduates) in the scale of ₹ 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 –1480(3) – 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years) and other allowances, viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants approximately ₹ 36091/-.
* House Rent Allowance will not be paid to the employee, if Bank’s accommodation is provided and license fee will be recovered from her/him @ 0.3% of pay at the starting stage of the pay scale of Class III.
RBI Assistant Job Profile
RBI Assistant is responsible for ensuring financial stability in the country by helping in circulation and issue of new currency. They are also responsible to verify all the others banks working under RBI. Document verification is one of the most challenging tasks for an assistant as they have to check whether the banks are working under the guidelines suggested by the RBI or not. The job profile of a RBI Assistant can be defined in following way.
- File work: An assistant in RBI is responsible to maintain collections of receipts, ledger, and other financial related work.
- Data Entry: You may also work as a Data Entry Operator. As after the digitization of the bank, day to day transaction is recorded on the computer.
- Checking and replying to Mails: RBI is the apex banking organisation in the country and all other nationalized or private banks have to work under the RBI Guidelines. As a result, it receives lots of letter on the daily basis where the assistants have to reply the emails on daily basis.
RBI Assistant Promotion & Career Growth
RBI assistant Promotion and career growth are the two most important factors that decide a Job profile. Being an Assistant in RBI, you will have ample of chance to prove your worth and get promoted to higher ranks. A RBI Assistant can get a promotion to higher rank either via routine promotion(merit-based) or via promotion examination (on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services of a bank, he/she will be selected as Officer.)
|Promotions / Growth of RBI Assistant|
|Seniority Basis||Merit / Exam Basis|
|In 10 years as being an Assistant , the aspirant is eligible to become Special Assitant||3 Years of experience in the Assistant Cadre is essential to write the promotional exams|
|After the Special Assistant , then he/she is eligible to become a Senior Assistant||After that , Assistant cadre can take the exam to become Grade A officer or the Assistant Manager ( * Check the table below for more details regarding the hieracrhy of the Promotion in RBI)|
Hierarchy of the RBI (After being an Assistant and clearing Internal Exams)
- RBI Assistant
- RBI Grade A officer
- RBI Grade B officer
- RBI Grade C officer
- RBI Grade D officer
* GRADE A is the lowest cadre of the RBI Officers cadre and an ASSISTANT in RBI will be promoted to grade A officer cadre only after the required number of years and after clearing the promotion exams.
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2019-20
RBI Assistant Preliminary Examination (Multiple Choice) – A composite time of 1 hour is provided to the candidate. The table below gives information on the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for the Preliminary stage:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
RBI Assistant Main Examination (Multiple Choice) – A composite time of 135 minutes is provided to the candidate. The table below gives a highlight of the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for mains stage
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Language Proficiency Test (LPT) – The candidates that are provisionally shortlisted from the RBI Assistant main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test for mains qualified candidates will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
RBI Assistant Syllabus for Prelims & Mains 2019-20
Candidates can refer the topic wise RBI Assistant Prelims Syllabus for English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning section to easily start preparation. RBI prelims exam has 3 sections with 100 objective based questions for 100 marks. The candidate would be required to attempt 100 objective questions in a time span of 1 hour. Here is a look at the RBI Assistant Prelims & Mains syllabus 2019
|Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer Knowledge|
|Seating Arrangement||Number Series||Error Detection||Current Affairs (4-5 Months)||Computer basics|
|Puzzles||Data Interpretation||Reading comprehension||Banking Awareness||MS office|
|Direction and Blood relation||Simplification/ Approximation||Fillers||Economy/ Financial Awareness||Internet and web technology|
|Syllogism and Inequality||Profit & Loss||Sentence based error||Static Awareness||Database Management System|
|Alphanumeric Series and order and ranking||Data Sufficiency||Column based question||–||Networking|
|Data Sufficiency and Miscellaneous questions||Quadratic Inequalities||Word usage||–||computer and Networking Security|
|Input-output||Time Speed Distance||Cloze test||–||Operating System|
|Logical Reasoning||Time & Work, problems on train||word swap|
|Ratio & Proportion, mixture and allegation||Spelling based error, para jumbles|
|Partnership||Idiom and phrases|
|Average and Ages||Sentence completion|
|Boat & Stream||Vocabulary Based|
|Pipes & Cistern||Paragraph Completion|
RBI Assistant Selection Process
The selection process will be carried out in two Phases, the first phase is Preliminary Examination & second phase is Main Examination followed by Language Proficiency Test (LPT) conducted by RBI.
I. Preliminary Examination: The preliminary Examination will consist of 100 Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 100 marks duration of 01 hour. Only those candidates who are qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for Main Examination.
II. Main Examination: The Main Examination will consist of 200 Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 100 marks duration of 02 hours and 15 minutes.
III. Language Proficiency Test (LPT): The candidates provisionally selected from the main online examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official/ Local Language of the State concerned.
RBI Assistant Admit Card 2019-20
Candidates are required to download the RBI Assistant Exam 2019-20 admit card from its official website as the admit card won’t be sent to candidates via post. To login to the official website, a candidate will require the following: Registration No./Roll No., Date of Birth/Password
The admit card/call letter will be issued to candidates in three phases: Online Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination, Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The link to download the admit card will be provided on this page. The candidates are requested to go through the guidelines mentioned on the RBI Recruitment page before downloading his/her admit card.
RBI Assistant Result & Score Card for Prelims & Mains 2019-20
Reserve Bank of India releases the result of RBI assistant exam within 1-2 week after the examination is over. Candidates who appeared for the RBI Assistant exam can check the result & Score Card by clicking on the link mentioned below.
Click here to check RBI Assistant Result & Score Card
RBI Assistant FAQs
Below we are providing the following frequently asked questions for RBI Assistant exam 2019-20. Aspirants can get there answers from below.
Q1: When will be the RBI Assistant 2019-20 exam conducted?
RBI Assistant 2019-20 Prelims Exam will be conducted on 14th & 15th February 2020 while the mains exam for the same is tentatively scheduled in the month of March 2019.
Q2: What is the Application Fee for RBI Assistant 2019-20 Exam?
Rs. 450/- is the application fee for General and OBC category. Rs. 50/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category.
Q3: When can I apply for RBI Assistant 2019-20 Exam?
All candidates can apply online for RBI Assistant 2019-20 Exam from 23rd December 2019 to 16th January 2020 at the official website of RBI.
Q4: What is the last date to apply online for RBI Assistant 2019-20 Exam?
The last date to apply online for RBI Assistant 2019-20 Exam is 16th January 2019.
Q5: Does RBI Assistant have the negative marking?
There will be negative marks for wrong answers. About 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marking system for each wrong answer in both the RBI Assistant Preliminary and Main examination.
Q6: What is the salary of RBI Assistant?
The Basic Pay for a RBI Assistant is Rs. 14,650/- every month and the Gross Salary of a RBI Assistant ranges to approximately Rs. 36,124/- every month.
Important Links for RBI Assistant Exam 2020
RBI Assistant Previous Year Cutoff Marks
RBI Assistant 2017 Prelims Cut-Off Marks
|Centre wise/Category wise cut off RBI Assistant 2017|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||72.75||64.25||78.50||85.00|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||76||–||84.25||87.25|
RBI Assistant 2016 Prelims Cut-Off Marks
|Centre wise/Category wise cut off RBI Assistant 2016|
RBI Assistant Mains Cut-Off
RBI Assistant Mains Cut-Off (Category Wise)
|RBI Sections||GEN/GEN-EX.S||OBC/OBC-EX.S||SC/ST/SC-EX.S/ST-EX.S/ALL PWD|
RBI Assistant Previous Year Question Paper
Aspirants who are preparing for RBI assistant exam getting knowledge of the exam pattern is the foremost thing that an aspirant should do. Always focus on your weak areas and get good damn at them. So here we are providing RBI Assistant previous year question paper so that aspirants can have a look on it. Aspirants can download the RBI Assistant Previous year paper from here > “Click To Download RBI Assistant Question Paper with answer PDF”
RBI Assistant Preparation Tips & Tricks
- The first and most important tip on how to crack RBI assistant exam is Regular Reading of Newspapers to be up to date with current affairs.
- Start with Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude& then focus on Other Parts.
- Study Topic wise. Take one topic at one time & practice more questions on that topic till you ace it.
- Take time to revise important topics. Focus more on the topics which are your weakness. Pay less attention to the topic that is your strength.
- Give frequent time – based mock tests to assess your position and analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
- In the Examination Hall strategize according to your preparation. Attempt those sections first that are your strength.
- In the exam hall, there are 200 questions in the paper, and if at any point you feel that a certain question is too tough, you should immediately move on and try to attempt the next one. Time is precious. Don’t waste time on questions you cannot solve.
- Don’t get in the trap of ‘getting everything’ under your belt. Focus on quality of your answers rather than the quantity so as to avoid negative markings which can take down your chances of getting through.
- Dedicate 4- 5 hours of daily preparation and rather than making a time schedule, you should list down the topics you should prepare per day.
- If you cannot study for long hours, it is much better to sit for short hours, but with dedication!
- Take Regular Breaks – It’s always better to give yourself a break after every hour or two than cramming everything nonstop. Give your mind time to soak it all in. This will help you to have a better RBI Assistant Exam Preparation.
- Set achievable targets for yourself, like studying 4 comprehensive topics in an hour, or 7-8 small topics in an hour. This will boost your speed as your mind will not feel overtaxed.
- Use Flashcards to revise anytime, anywhere and with ease! Make flashcards of important dates, event, and keywords to keep your memory fresh. This will help you in a better RBI Assistant Exam preparation.
RBI Assistant Study Material
The best way to prepare for the RBI Assistant Exam is Choosing Right study material for RBI Assistant exam. To help candidates in getting the RBI Assistant Recruitment study material easily we have provided all the details regarding topic-wise & section-wise RBI Assistant online preparation course & study material. Click Here to Download RBI Assistant Complete Study Material PDF & Videos.
Best Books for RBI Assistant Exam
Selecting a book for a particular exam can be tidy process for some and hence one prefers to listen to the experts in this regard. As far as RBI Assistant exam (Prelims) is concerned; English, Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability and Reasoning form the question paper and qualifying in each section is mandatory. Hence, selecting separate books for each section comes handy if there is ample time for preparation.
English book for RBI Assistant – Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis & English Language Question Bank- G.K Publications
Quantitative Aptitude book for RBI Assistant – Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- S. Chand, R.S Agarwal & Fast Track Objective Arithmetic- Rajesh Verma
Reasoning book for RBI Assistant – A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning- R.S Agarwal & A New Approach to Verbal & Non- Verbal Reasoning- B.S Sijwali
GK/GS book for RBI Assistant – Manorama Yearbook English/ Hindi- Mammen and Matthew Manorama & Indian Yearbook English/ Hindi- Publications Division
Computer Knowledge book for RBI Assistant – Computer Knowledge- Sikha Agarwal & Objective Computer Awareness- R. Pillai
RBI Assistant Exam Analysis
RBI Assistant 2017 Prelims Exam Analysis
The preliminary examination of RBI Assistant 2017 conducted on 27th and 28th November. The exam was conducted for 100 marks comprised of 100 questions with a composite time of 60 minutes. Here we are providing RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Analysis section wise. Let us seen the analysis of questions that were asked in RBI Assistant Mains exam 2017 so that you can have a comparative idea regarding your attempts.
|Subject||Good Attempt||Time (in min.)|
|Reasoning Ability||29- 32||20|
Topics Asked under Reasoning Section :-Coding Decoding, Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Number Series, Order and Ranking, Blood, Relation, Alphabet Series, Miscellaneous, Alphabets.
Topics Asked under Numerical ability Section :-Tabular DI, Simplification, Number Series (Missing), Average, Profit & Loss, Compound Interest, Discount, Problem on Ages, Ratio and Proportion, Time and Work, Boat and Stream, Miscellaneous.
Topics Asked under English Section :- Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting.
RBI Assistant 2017 Mains Exam Analysis
Here we are providing RBI Assistant Mains Exam Analysis section wise. Let us seen the analysis of questions that were asked in RBI Assistant Mains exam 2017 so that you can have a comparative idea regarding your attempts. This year there are two changes that have been introduced in the RBI Assistant Exam. There will be sectional as well as overall cut off for Prelims & Mains of RBI Assistants Exam 2017.
|Test of Reasoning||13-16||30 minutes|
|Test of Numerical Ability||21-24||30 minutes|
|Test of Computer Knowledge||29-32||20 minutes|
|Test of General Awareness||17-21||25 minutes|
|Test of English Language||21-24||30 minutes|
Topics Asked under Reasoning Section :- Box Based Puzzle, Year Based Puzzle, North Facing Seating Arrangement, Direction based Puzzle, Family and age-based Puzzle, Input – Output, Inequality, Alphanumeric Series, Blood Relation, Miscellaneous.
Topics Asked under Numerical ability Section :- Tabular DI, Bar Graph DI, Caselete DI, Approximation, Quadratic Equations, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous questions from Arithmetic Topics.
Topics Asked under Computer Awareness Section :- Computer section was easy.Questions were asked from the topics of MS Office, Computer Operating System, Memory, Hardware and software and Computer Security.
Topics Asked under English Section :- Reading Comprehension, 4 Antonyms and Synonyms were asked, Topic was related to education in US Cloze Test, Parjumbles, Replace the given phrases/idioms, New Pattern Questions of Sentence Connector, Error Spotting Questions.
Topics Asked under General Awareness Section :- Most of the questions were from banking, Static and current affairs mostly from October- November 2017. 10-12 Questions were of static Awareness, 10-12 current affairs and rest were from Banking Awareness. There were also few questions from basic banking awareness and surprised students a bit as the level was a bit high.