Daily Current Affairs – 7 March 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
Jan aushadhi Diwas celebrated on 7th march
- Jan aushadhi Diwas celebrated on 7th march of every year.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in Jan Aushadhi Diwas celebrations through video conferencing from New Delhi.
- Mr. Modi will interact with seven Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana Kendras.
- The Jan aushadhi Divas aims to provide further impetus and create awareness about the use of generic medicines.
- The day will also highlight the initiative undertaken by Government in the direction of making quality healthcare for all, like Ayushman Bharat, PMBJY, etc.
Namaste Orchha festival commences in Madhya Pradesh
- The three-day-long Namaste Orchha festival kick-started to promote tourism showcasing the rich culture and history of the town.
- The festival was organized by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board to improve the state as a leading tourism destination. Brijender Singh Rathore announced the construction of the bridge for Betwa and the Jamni river.
United Nations Global Compact Study Women Labour force declined greatly in India
- Female labor-force participation in India has declined from 34% in 2006 to 24.8% in 2020.
- India is the only country among the 153 surveyed countries where the economic gender gap is larger than the political gap.
- The study found that raising women’s participation in the labor force to the same level as men can boost India’s GDP by 27%.
- The female labor-force participation in India has declined from 34% in 2006 to 24.8% in 2020.
BRAC retains its position as top NGO for the 5th consecutive year
- Bangladesh-based international development organization BRAC retained its position as the top NGO of the world for the 5th consecutive year.
- The rankings for 2020 were announced by the Geneva-based organization NGO Adviser which publishes the rankings every year based on publicly available data for the top 500 global NGOs.
US President Donald Trump signs USD 8.3B bill to fight coronavirus outbreak
- US President Donald Trump signed an 8.3 billion US Dollars measure to help tackle the coronavirus outbreak killed 12 people in the US and infected more than 200.
BANKING & FINANCE
NPCI doubles UPI transaction limit to Rs 2 lakh for some payments
- The National Payments Corporation of India or NPCI, the umbrella organization for retail payments systems, has doubled the per transaction payment limit for Unified Payments Interface or UPI to Rs 2 lakh for some payments.
- The committee has approved to increase the current limit of Rs 1 lakh per transaction to Rs 2 lakh.
- This is to fulfill specific needs, including payments for credit cards, loans, insurance, and mutual fund investments.
SEBI launches mobile app ‘Sebi SCORES’ for investors to lodge grievances
- Markets regulator Sebi has launched a mobile application for convenience of investors to lodge grievances in Sebi Complaints Redress System (SCORES).
- The app, ‘Sebi SCORES’, is available on both iOS and Android platforms.
- SCORES’ mobile app will make it easier for investors to lodge their grievances with Sebi, as they can now access SCORES at their convenience of a smartphone.
- The mobile app will encourage investors to lodge their complaints on SCORES rather than sending letters to Sebi in physical mode.
Summit & Conference
Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival to be held at Kochi from May 16
- The Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival, GAF will be held at Kochi in Kerala from 16th to 20th May.
- The theme for the five-day event is Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility.
Puma signs Kareena Kapoor Khan as new brand ambassador
- German sportswear brand Puma has signed Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan as its new brand ambassador.
- The new partnership is aimed at encouraging more women to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle.
SBI Life re-appoints Sanjeev Nautiyal as MD & CEO
- SBI Life Insurance has re-appointed Sanjeev Nautiyal as managing director and chief executive officer of the company.
- The re-appointment is subject to approval of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and members of the company.
Science & Technology
SpaceX to launch three space tourists to ISS next year
- Elon Musk-led private space launch company SpaceX plans to send three tourists to the International Space Station (ISS).