Daily Current Affairs – 6 March 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
National Dentist’s Day observed on March 6
- National Dentist’s Day is observed annually every March 6.
- The day is also a day to remind everyone about the importance of regular dental checkups, and to encourage proper dental care.
Aurangabad Airport renamed as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport
- The Maharashtra Government renamed the Aurangabad Airport as Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Airport.
- The airport has been renamed after Sambhaji Maharaj, the son of Maratha warrior Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Jitendra Singh inaugurated a workshop on International Womens Day
- Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Dr. Jitendra Singh, inaugurated a workshop on International Women’s Day on 6 March.
- During the workshop, it was announced that New Vistas are opening up for Women under Shri Narendra Modi Government, which has a special preference and sensitivity for women folk in India.
TIME named 100 historical Women of the Year including Kaur, Indira Gandhi
- Former Indian PM Indira Gandhi and freedom fighter Amrit Kaur was named by the TIME magazine among the world’s 100 powerful women in the last century.
- TIME has named Kaur as ‘Women of the Year’ for the year 1947 and Indira Gandhi for the year 1976.
Chapchar Kut festival began in Mizoram
- Chapchar Kut began in all parts of Mizoram on 5 March 2020.
- The festival will be held on 5-6 March. The festival is celebrated at the Assam Rifles Ground at Aizawl.
Kobita Utsav (Poetry Festival) began in Kolkata
- Kobita Utsav, a poetry festival, is being held in Kolkata on 5 March.
- The festival aims to encourage the reading of Bengali poems among the younger generation.
- It will be held from 5-8 March. The festival was inaugurated by Eminent painter Jogen Choudhury.
Lok Sabha passed 2020 Direct Tax Vivad Se Viswas Bill
- Lok Sabha passed the amendment of the Direct Tax Vivad Se Vishwas Bill, 2020.
- The amendment will extend the scope to cover litigation pending in various debt recovery tribunals (DRTs).
- It also provides an opportunity to settle direct tax disputes within the current financial year by waiving interest and penalty on their pending taxes.
BANKING & FINANCE
EPFO lowered the interest rate on PF deposits to 8.5 percent
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has lowered the interest rate on PF deposits to 8.5% for the current financial year 2019-20.
Summit & Conference
CCI organized the 5th National Conference on Economics of Competition Law
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) organized the Fifth National Conference on Economics of Competition Law at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, on 6 March 2020.
GAF-2020 festival to be held in Kochi
- Fourth Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) will be held at Kochi in Kerala from 16-20 May.
- A curtain raiser event was organized in New Delhi for the GAF on 5 March.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the summit.
- Theme: The theme for the five-day event is “Ayurveda Medical Tourism: Actualizing India’s credibility.”
International Conference on Nano Science and Technology is being held in Kolkata
- “International Conference on Nano Science and Technology” (ICONSAT) is being held from 5-7 March at Kolkata.
- It was organized by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) Nano Mission that functions under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
Janez Jansa elected as PM of Slovenia
- Janez Jansa, an anti-immigrant politician, was elected as the new Prime Minister of Slovenia.
Amita Pandove was sworn in as Information Commissioner of CIC
- Amita Pandove was sworn in as the Information Commissioner, Central Information Commission (CIC).
- The oath of office was administered by the Chief Information Commissioner, Shri Bimal Julka.