Daily Current Affairs – 5 March 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
Janaushadhi week is celebrated from 1-7 March
- Janaushadhi week is celebrated in India from 1-7 March 2020.
- During this occasion, various activities like health checkup Camp, Jan Aushadhi Paricharcha, Jan Aushadhi ka sath are being undertaken.
Jammu and Kashmir government launched Student Health Card scheme for school children
- Jammu and Kashmir government has launched Student Health Card scheme in Jammu on 5 March.
- It was launched by Lt. Governor G.C. Murmu at a programme organized by Directorate of Mid Day Meal, School Education Department in association with National Health Mission at Teachers Bhavan Jammu.
- The scheme will ensure regular checkups of school-going children.
Google to open its cloud region in Delhi
- Google to open the cloud region in Delhi.
- It will be made operational by 2021.
- This will be Google’s second cloud region in India.
- The first one was in Mumbai that was launched in 2017.
Gairsain was made the new summer capital of Uttarakhand
- Gairsain was made the new summer capital of Uttarakhand.
- The announcement was made by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat at the assembly session convened in Gairsain.
- It partially fulfilled an over two-decade demand by statehood.
- CM dedicated the announcement to the people who sacrificed themselves for the formation of Uttarakhand state.
- Gairsain: Uttarakhand was carved out from Uttar Pradesh and formed as a separate state in 1998.
Cabinet approves amendment on the FDI policy on civil aviation
- The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved to amend the existing Foreign direct investment (FDI) Policy to permit Foreign Investment(s) in M/s Air India Ltd.
- The amendment will allow foreign investment up to 100% by those Non-resident Indians (NRIs), who are Indian Nationals.
Luxembourg a small European country becomes first country to make all public transport free
- In an attempt to reduce traffic jams, Luxembourg a small European country has become the first country in the world to make all public transport free.
- This is the first time that the decision to offer free public transport has covered an entire country, the transport ministry stated.
Sri Lanka to lead science, technology and innovation sector in BIMSTEC
- Sri Lanka will lead the science, technology and innovation sector in the BIMSTEC and a facility for technology transfer is planned to be opened in the future.
- This was agreed during the 20th Session of the senior officials’ meeting chaired by Sri Lankan Foreign Secretary Ravinatha Aryasinha in Colombo.
BANKING & FINANCE
NABARD infused Rs 1.46 lakh crore in the rural banking system
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has infused Rs.1.46 lakh crore in the rural banking system during the current fiscal.
- The bank stated that it had given Rs.66,397 crore in short-term credit and Rs.6,704 crore in long-term credit to rural cooperative banks.
ICICI Prudential AMC ties up Saraswat Co-op Bank to tap rural potential
- ICICI Prudential AMC has tied up with Saraswat Co-operative Bank, the largest in the urban co-operative banking space in India, to distribute its products with the bank’s customers.
- The tie-up Saraswat Co-operative Bank will offer investment products of ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund to its customers, through its 280 branches, spread across six States.
Cabinet approved amalgamation of PSBs with effect from 1 April
- The Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the consolidation of ten Public Sector Banks (PSBs) into four.
- The amalgamation of the PSBs will be effective from 1 April 2020.
The banks include:
- Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and United Bank of India into Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank into Union Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank
Summit & Conference
Mumbai to host 2023 International Olympic Committee session
- Mumbai will be hosting the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) session in 2023.
- The announcement was passed by IOC president Thomas Bach.
Workshop on Increasing Water Use Efficiency in Industries held in New Delhi
- Workshop on “Increasing Water Use Efficiency in Industries” was inaugurated by the Secretary, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (WR, RD & GR) U.P. Singh.
- The workshop was organized by the National Water Mission (NWM) in Delhi as a part of the “HarKaamDeshkeNaam” initiative.
Pragyan Conclave 2020 commenced in New Delhi
- Pragyan Conclave 2020 commenced on 4 March 2020 at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi.
- It will be held on 4-5 March.
- The two-day Indian Army International Seminar is being organized by the Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS).
Sanjay Kumar Panda appointed India’s Ambassador to Turkey
- Senior diplomat Sanjay Kumar Panda has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to Turkey.
- Sanjay Kumar Panda is presently Consul General, Consulate General of India, San Francisco.
PM Modi will be treated with highest honour during Bangladesh visit
- Foreign Minister of Bangladesh A.K. Abdul Momen has stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be treated with the highest honour during his forthcoming visit to Bangladesh to attend the Mujib Centenary Celebrations.
Farrell, McNamara first female duo to win top architecture prize
- Irish architects Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara have been awarded the 2020 Pritzker Architecture Prize for consistent service to humanity as evidenced by a body of built work” and for leading the way for women in a male-dominated profession.
Science & Technology
Chandrayaan-III mission to be launched in first half of 2021
- The Union Minister Jitendra Singh announced that ISRO’s Chandrayaan-III would be launched in the first half of 2021.
- A slight delay might happen in the launching of the third moon mission.