Daily Current Affairs – 3 March 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
World Hearing Day is observed on 3 March
- World Hearing Day is observed on 3 March every year.
- The day raises awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
- Theme: The theme of 2020 World Hearing Day is “Don’t let hearing loss limit you.
World Wildlife Day is observed on 3 March
- World Wildlife Day is observed on 3 March.
- The day aims to celebrate beautiful and varied forms of wild fauna and flora. It raises awareness to conserve wildlife. Theme:
- The theme of 2020 World Wildlife Day is “Sustaining all life on Earth”.
Government allows airlines to provide in-flight Wi-Fi services
- The central government permitted airlines operating in India to provide in-flight Wi-Fi services to passengers, according to official notification.
- The Pilot-in-Command may permit the access of Internet services by passengers on board an aircraft in flight, through Wi-Fi on board, when laptop, smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, e-reader or a point of sale device is used in flight mode or airplane mode, the notification stated.
Thirty Three crores allocated for Kaziranga under Project Tiger scheme
- Financial assistance to the tune of Rs 1.51 crore sanctioned to Kaziranga National Park during the fiscal years 2018-19 and 2019-2020 under Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA).
Government cites concerns over divesting stake below 51 per cent in NTPC, PowerGrid
- The Power Ministry has raised concerns over the proposed strategic divestment of government equity in NTPC, PFC and Power Grid, which may bring down its stake to below 51 per cent.
- Earlier, under disinvestment plan, it was proposed to divest government equity below 51 per cent of its stake in certain public sector undertakings, including NTPC, PowerGrid and Power Finance Corporation (PFC).
Centre notifies the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh as eco-sensitive zone
- Centre notified 870 sq km around the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh(MP) as eco-sensitive zone (ESZ) to prohibit polluting activities like industries, major hydroelectric project,mining, stone quarrying & big construction within the ‘no-go area’ for the purpose of conservation of water bodies, unique geographical features(ravines), flora & fauna.
Arunachal Pradesh assembly implements e-Vidhan project
- Arunachal Pradesh Assembly went paperless with the implementation of e-Vidhan, a project under the Digital India programme.
- With the implementation of the e-Vidhan project, MLAs can access every information regarding the Assembly, see the list of business and read questions and other documents pertaining to House proceedings through their laptops and tablet computers.
- The initiative will make all the proceedings in the house paperless.
China assumes presidency of UN Security Council for March 2020
- China has taken over as president of the UN Security Council for the month of March 2020, pledging to promote solidarity and cooperation in this capacity.
- China’s permanent representative to the UN, Zhang Jun stated his country attaches great importance to the work during its presidency and will act responsibly and constructively.
BANKING & FINANCE
SBI switched to Cash Budget Based Assessment (CBBA) method of assessment for corporates
- State Bank of India (SBI) has switched to “Cash Budget Based Assessment (CBBA)” from “Projected Balance Sheet (PBS)” method of Fund Based Working Capital (FBWC) limits for assessment of the working capital requirement for corporates or large advances.
- CBBA of limits has been initiated for assessment of the FBWC limits for units with total FBWC exposure of more than ₹50 crore from the banking system.
RBL Bank ties-up with Zomato to launch co-branded credit card powered by Mastercard
- RBL Bank (formerly known as Ratnakar Bank), an Indian private sector bank, has entered into a partnership with Online food ordering and delivery app Zomato to launch co-branded credit cards, powered by Mastercard, for Zomato users.
OECD downgraded India’s FY21 GDP growth to 5.1% from 6.2%
- Global agency Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in its report titled “OECD Interim Economic Assessment Coronavirus: The world economy at risk” has trimmed India’s real GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth forecast to 5.1% from the earlier projection of 6.2% for 2020 due to the impact of deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) on the domestic as well as the global economy.
- For 2021, India’s real GDP growth is projected at 5.6% from the earlier forcast of 6.4%.
Summit & Conference
11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) conference 2020 held in New Delhi
- A 3-day long 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference -2020 based on the theme ‘Empowering Youth for Technology Led Farming’ was held in New Deelhi.
- It was inaugurated by Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
Yog mahotsav begins in Rishikesh
- An international yoga festival began in Rishikesh with yoga teachers and practitioners from eleven countries taking part in the week-long event.
- The annual event known as “Antar rashtriya yog mahotsav”
- The ”yog mahotsav” is held in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand every year from Mar 1 to Mar 7
Pune to host 108th Indian Science Congress annual session in 2021
- The Indian Science Congress association (ISCA) announced that Pune will host the annual session of 108th Indian Science Congress on January 3-7, 2021 at Symbiosis International University’s Lavale campus.
- Theme: ”Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women Empowerment”.
Ekam Fest begins in New Delhi
- A week-long Ekam Fest began in New Delhi to promote craftsmanship and products of Divyang artisans and entrepreneurs.
Sudhanshu Pandey appointed as new CMD of MMTC
- Sudhanshu Pandey, Additional Secretary at the Department of Commerce, assumed additional charge as CMD (Chairman & Managing Director) of MMTC (Metals & Minerals Trading Corporation).
- He was the successor of Ved Prakash. Pandey currently discharges functions as the Chief Negotiator of India.
Muhyiddin Yassin was sworn in as the 8th PM of Malaysia
- Muhyiddin Yassin was sworn in as the 8th Prime Minister of Malaysia. He emerged as a frontrunner for the top job at the end of February.
Sarbananda Sonowal receives Dr Syama Prasad Mukherjee Award 2020 for Politics
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal was presented the prestigious Dr Syama Prasad Mukherjee award 2020 for Politics at the 6th India Ideas Conclave.
- The award was presented at Tent City Narmada in Gujarat.
Science & Technology
MoS Santosh Gangwar launched Humsafar mobile app for doorstep diesel delivery in New Delhi
- Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Minister of State (MoS- Independent charge) for Labour & Employment, launched ‘Humsafar’ mobile application in New Delhi, which delivers diesel to doorstep of bulk users.
SCTIMST develops Flow Diverter Stents Technology for the treatment of Aneurysms of brain
- A research team of Sree Chitra Thirunal Institute of Medical Science and Technology (SCTIMST),Thiruvananthapuram, an Institute of National Importance under the Department of Science and Technology has developed an innovative intracranial flow diverter stent named as Chitra Flow Diverter for the treatment of aneurysms of the blood vessels of the brain.