Daily Current Affairs – 28th November 2019
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 28th November 2019.
What happened today??
Guru Ghasidas National Park to become Chhattisgarh’s 4th tiger reserve
- Chhattisgarh government announced that the state is set to have Guru Ghasidas National Park in Kotiya district as its fourth ‘tiger reserve’. This decision was taken in 11th meeting of Chhattisgarh State Wildlife Board chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) had approved to declare Guru Ghasidas National Park as a tiger reserve in 2014.
- At present there are three tiger reserves in state: Achanakmar Tiger Reserve in Bilaspur, Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve in Gariaband and Indravati Tiger Reserve in Bijapur district.
Indian Railways sets up Institute of Financial Management in Hyderabad
- The Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) has been set up in Hyderabad, Telangana. This new entity is set up to impart professional training in management of railway finances. The project was conceived and constructed by Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) at a cost of Rs 85 crore.
International hub for design to come up in Kerala
- A centre for excellence functioning as an international hub for design will be set up in Kerala next year that will open doors for talents from across the world to execute ideas and turn them into cutting-edge products.
- The proposed establishment, which is to effectively work as an incubator for design professionals, will be run by globally reputed companies in the field. Slated to come up in 2020 summer at the integrated startup complex in Kochi, the establishment will supply the aspirants with both software and hardware.
Government has set up Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to provide exposure to science and technology to students
- The Government of India is encouraging the schools to provide exposure to science and technology to students so that they can be acquainted with futuristic technology platforms.
- Government has setup the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) at NITI Aayog. The objective of establishing AIM is to create scientific temper and cultivate the spirit of curiosity and innovation among young minds.
- Towards this end, AIM is establishing Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) across the country for students between grade 6th to 12th, equipped with latest emerging technologies such as electronics, IoT, 3D printing, Robotics, etc.
The Industrial Relations Code Bill, 2019 Introduced in Lok Sabha
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar introduced The Industrial Relations Code Bill, 2019 in the Lok Sabha today.
- .The Bill aims to consolidate and amend the laws relating to trade unions, conditions of employment in industrial establishment or undertaking, investigation and settlement of industrial disputes.
Billie Eilish is Billboard’s 2019 ‘Woman of the Year’
- Singer Billie Eilish will be honoured as Billboard’s 2019 Woman of the Year. Pop star Taylor Swift will also be honoured at Billboard’s event, receiving the inaugural Woman of the Decade award.
- Billie has disrupted the entertainment industry through her music and social media platforms, leaving an indelible impact on the global cultural zeitgeist.
BANKING & FINANCE
RIL becomes first Indian company to hit Rs 10 lakh crore market cap
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries (RILNSE 0.67 %) on Thursday hit Rs 10 lakh crore mark in market capitalisation as the bulls pushed the stock to new highs.
- It became the first India company to reach the coveted milestone
Sebi issues guidelines for preferential issue by listed REITs
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on Wednesday issued guidelines for preferential issue of units and institutional placement of units by a listed Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs).
- The regulator said a listed REIT may make a preferential issue of units or an institutional placement of units under these guidelines, if it has been listed for a minimum of 12 months.
- The REIT has obtained in-principle approval of the stock exchanges for listing of units propose .
Summit & Conference
DEFCOM INDIA 2019 seminar held in New Delhi
- A two-day seminar ‘DEFCOM INDIA 2019’ is being held at Manekshaw Centre in New Delhi. The theme for seminar is – ‘Communications: A Decisive Catalyst for Jointness’. The seminar is devoted to the seminal theme of leveraging communications for achieving jointness between three services.
- DEFCOM Seminar is jointly organised by the Corps of Signals and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). Over the years the seminar has evolved to become a landmark symposium for collaboration between Indian armed forces, academia, research and development (R&D) organisations, and Industry on aspects pertaining to Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
Global Exhibition on Services-2019 organised in Bengaluru
- Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways inaugurated the Global Exhibition on Services (GES) 2019 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.GES is an annual event established by Department of Commerce, Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry in association with Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC) and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- This dedicated platform looks to enhance strategic cooperation and develop synergies to strengthen multilateral relationships between all stake holders, tap the potential for services exports and increase FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) inflow.
Dr. Jitendra Singh to inaugurate two-day Conference on Jal Shakti and Disaster Management
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in collaboration with Governments of Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir is organizing a two-day Conference on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat’ with focus on Jal Shakti and Disaster Management on November 30-December 1, 2019 at Jammu
Ekalabya award 2019 for Odia weightlifter Jhilli Dalabehera
- Odia women weightlifter Jhilli Dalabehera, who has brought laurels for both the State and the country in several national and international events, will receive the 27th Ekalabya Award for 2019.
- The annual award instituted by Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT) comprises a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh along with a citation.
- She has won two gold, three silver and a bronze medal in different International weightlifting events held between April 1, 2017, and March 31, 2019
Indian archers clinch 3 bronze medals at Asian Championship
- Led by Atanu Das, Indian archers bagged three bronze medals today and also ensured at least three silver medals, at the ongoing Asian Championship at Bangkok.
- Das first clinched a bronze in the men’s recurve individual event in the morning. He beat Jin Hayek Oh of Korea 6-5 in the shoot-off in the bronze medal contest. Das teamed up with senior pro-Tarundeep Rai and Jayanta Talukdar to beat China 6-2 in the bronze medal tie.
- Top seeds Abhishek Verma, Rajat Chauhan and Mohan Bharadwaj prevailed over Iran 229-221 to set up a gold medal clash against second seed Korea in the compound men’s team event.
- Jyothi Surekha Vennam, Muskan Kirar and Priya Gurjar beat Iran 227-221 to storm into compound women’s team final, where they will be up against top seed Korea.