Daily Current Affairs – 28 February 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
National Science Day celebrated on 28 Feb
- National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of the Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir C. V. Raman on 28 February 1928.
- Theme of the year 2020 is “Women in Science”
PM to distribute Daily Living Aids and Devices to senior citizens and Divyangjan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will distribute Assistive Aids and Devices to Senior Citizens under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) and to Divyangjan under ADIP Scheme at a ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivir’ and a mega distribution Camp organized by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment at Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh
Facebook cancels its annual F8 developers conference
- Facebook has cancelled its annual F8 developers conference, the biggest annual event for the US tech giant, over fears about the possible spread of the novel coronavirus.
- The gathering in the Silicon Valley city of San Jose – which had been set for early May – typically draws thousands of software makers from around the world who collaborate with the tech giant on its platform.
BANKING & FINANCE
Nirmala Sitharaman launches Ease 3.0 for tech-enabled banking
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Ease (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) 3.0 reform agenda.
- EASE 3.0 agenda aims at providing smart, tech-enabled public sector banking for aspiring India.
- This launch of EASE 3.0 would change the customer’s experience at the Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
IndiGo, HDFC Bank tie-up to launch co-branded credit card with Mastercard
- IndiGo airlines has partnered with HDFC Bank to launch its first travel credit card.
- Called ‘Ka-ching’, it is powered by Mastercard and comes in two variants – 6E Rewards and 6E Rewards XL – and also offers complimentary air tickets.
- “Customers can avail complimentary air tickets worth between ₹1,500 and ₹3,000, depending on the variant,” HDFC Bank said in a statement, adding that the credit cards will allow customers to accrue accelerated 6E Rewards on IndiGo transactions.
Summit & Conference
Government to host Artificial Intelligence Summit ‘RAISE 2020’ in New Delhi
- The government will host RAISE 2020 – an event focused on artificial intelligence on April 11-12 in New Delhi.
- RAISE (Responsible AI for Social Empowerment) 2020 will be organised by the government in partnership with industry and academia.
CAPS-HQ MC Joint Seminar on Challenges of the Evolving Threats Facing India held in New Delhi
- A Joint Seminar on the theme “Challenges Of The Evolving Threats Facing India” was held at Air Force Station Tughlakabad, New Delhi.
- It was organized by the Centre for Air Power Studies (CAPS) and Maintenance Command, Indian Air Force (MC, IAF) on 25 February.
- The event was inaugurated by Air Marshal Shashiker Choudhary AVSM VSM, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, MC IAF.
Axis Bank appoints Puneet Sharma as CFO
- Axis Bank announced the appointment of Puneet Sharma as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Sharma will replace Jairam Sridharan, who has resigned as the Group Executive and Chief Financial Officer of the bank, with effect from March 5, 2020.
IndusInd Bank announces Sumant Kathpalia as new MD and CEO
- Private sector lender IndusInd Bank announced the appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as its new Managing Director and CEO.
- Kathpalia will take over from Romesh Sobti.
Akademi award for English translation of ‘Kusumabale’
- Sahitya Akademi’s Translation Prize for 2019 in the category of translation into English has been awarded to Kannada novel Kusumabale by Devanur Mahadeva, rendered into English by Susan Daniel.
- The akademi announced a total of 23 awards in various Indian languages.