Daily Current Affairs – 26th November 2019
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 27th November 2019.
What happened today??
Lok Sabha passes Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill
- The Lok Sabha today passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, 2019.
- The Bill seeks to prohibit the production, trade, transport, storage and advertisement of electronic cigarettes.
- It defines electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) as electronic devices that heat a substance, which may contain nicotine and other chemicals, to create vapour for inhalation.
- Any person who contravenes this provision will be punishable with imprisonment of up to one year, or a fine of up to one lakh rupees, or both.
Cabinet approves land allotment for construction of ceremonial lounge at Tirupati Airport
- The Union Cabinet has approved the allotment of 1800 square metre of land for construction of a ceremonial lounge at Tirupati Airport.
- The land will be given to Andhra Pradesh Education and Welfare Infrastructure Development Corporation for a period of 15 years at a nominal rate of a license fee of one rupee per annum. The land belongs to the Airports Authority of India.
Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval for MoUs between India, Saudi Arabia
- The Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval for the MoUs between India and Saudi Arabia in the field of combating illicit trafficking and smuggling of Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Chemical Precursors.
- The MoU shall facilitate and enhance the cooperation between the two countries towards this end, as defined by the United Nations International Drug Control Conventions.
Cabinet approves signing of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement & Protocol between India, Chile
- The Union Cabinet today approved signing of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement and Protocol between India and Chile. This will facilitate elimination of double taxation, prevention of fiscal evasion and avoidance with respect to taxes on income.
- A clear allocation of taxing rights between Contracting States through the Agreement will provide tax certainty to investors and businesses of both the countries.
India has 96 universities ranked in the QS World University Rankings 2020 Asia
- India has 96 universities ranked in the QS World University Rankings: Asia 2020. Out of these, 20 are new entries.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT-B) leads nationally at the overall 34th place, and it is followed by IIT Delhi (IIT-D) in the 43rd place and by IIT Madras (IITM) in the 50th position.
- The country has 31 institutes among the top 250.
Odisha to replicate MCC of TN
- Odisha State government has announced that it is to replicate the Micro Composting Centre (MCC) of the State Tamil Nadu.
- The move by the Urban Development Department of Odisha is for proper segregation and management of wet waste.
- The department took the decision after the visit by a high-level team led by G Mathivathanan, Principal Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Department and Sangramjit Nayak, Mission Director of Swachh Bharat Mission to Tamil Nadu.
BANKING & FINANCE
Authorised capital of Food Corporation of India enhanced to Rs 10,000 cr
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI) from the existing 3,500 crore rupees to 10,000 crore rupees.
- With this, additional equity capital can be infused in the FCI through the Union Budget, to fund the foodgrains stock, perpetually held by FCI. This will reduce the borrowings of FCI, save its interest cost and reduce food subsidy in consequence
Ashok Leyland MOU with ICICI Bank for a strategic financing partnership
- Ashok Leyland has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICICI Bank.
- The MoU aims to enter into a strategic financing partnership for two years.
- The agreement between the company and the bank will enable both the partners to offer customised financial solutions to customers across India with a focus on semi-urban and rural geographies.
Summit & Conference
Gadkari addresses NuGen Mobility Summit 2019
- Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has called upon the auto industry to think about future technologies as skilled man-power, cheap labour and technology are available in the auto sector.
- NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 organised at International Centre for Automotive Technology Centre, ICAT in Gurugram .
- The three-day Summit is being attended by experts from the automotive industry, system and technology companies, experts in technology domains, researchers, policymakers, test houses and agencies, associations and academia from all around the world.
Centre to conduct International Conference on Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience
- Ministry of Home Affairs is to organize the first International Conference on Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience in New Delhi on 28 November 2019.
- The conference will be inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri G. Kishan Reddy. It is organized by the National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM).
4-day long MoEFCC and CMS Vatavaran-2019 Short Film Competition and Festival on Environment begins
- In a first, the four-day long Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, MoEF&CC&Centre for Media Studies (CMS) VATAVARAN-2019 Short Film Competition and Festival on Environment, beginning today was inaugurated at New Delhi by Shri Suresh Prabhu, Member of Parliament and Chair of the 2019 Awards Jury of CMS VATAVARAN.
NIFTEM to conduct National Organic Festival of Women Entrepreneurs
- In a unique collaborative effort Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) and Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to organise to organise “National Organic Festival of Women Entrepreneurs”.
- The event will be planned and organized through NIFTEM, Kundli, Sonepat, Haryana which is an academic institution under the administrative control of Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India.
- The festival aims to encourage Indian women entrepreneurs and farmers to connect with buyers and thus, empower them through financial inclusion, while also promoting organic food produce in India.
Science & Technology
ISRO successfully launches India’s latest earth observation satellite Cartosat-3
- The national space agency ISRO(Indian Space Research Organisation) has successfully launched India’s latest earth observation satellite Cartosat-3 this morning.
- The workhorse rocket PSLV in its C-47 version carried it along with 13 other customer payloads into the intended polar sun-synchronous orbit.
IIT Jodhpur researchers develop catalytic converter for cars
- A research team from the IIT-Jodhpur chemistry department has developed a catalytic converter for cars using Rajasthani clay.
- It will be cheaper and more effective in reducing pollution. Catalytic converter:
- The new catalytic converter was developed by the extraction of Iron-Nickel-Cobalt nanoparticles from the Rajasthani clay.
- The clay acts as an oxygen reservoir. It turns the pollutants less harmful.
Atletico’s Felix wins 2019 Golden Boy award
- Joao Felix has been awarded the 2019 Golden Boy award – pipping England star Jadon Sancho in second.
- The Portuguese forward shot to prominence after a breakthrough season with Benfica saw him score 18 times, before earning a £113 million move to Atletico Madrid in the summer.
Jon Rahm won 2019 DP World Tour Championship
- Jon Rahm won the 2019 DP World Tour Championship in Dubai.
- This is his second title in three years.
- The award has crowned him as European Number One on the final day at Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Rahm shot four-under 68 to reach 19-under 269.
- He defeated Tommy Fleetwood to clinch the title.