Daily Current Affairs – 27 February 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
World NGO Day observed globally on 27 February
- World NGO Day is observed globally on 27 February.
- The day aims to raise awareness about the Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) sector.
- The day is observed every year to encourage people worldwide who are involved and dedicatedly working for a good cause.
- The day highlights the achievements and success of NGOs from all the sectors across the globe.
- The day makes people understand the role of NGOs in society.
Govt soon to launch 3rd phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- The government will soon launch third phase of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
- Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mahendra Nath Pandey stated, the government has decided to link the scheme with the school education to bring a revolutionary change in the field of skill development.
- The government had launched the PMKVY scheme in 2015 to mobilize youth to take up skill training with the aim of increasing productivity and aligning the training and certification to the needs of the country.
CBSE releases an app to locate the Exam Centre
- The Central Board of Secondary Education has released an app giving information about the examination center for the convenience of the students.
- With the help of the app, students will easily search their examination center.
- Board Secretary Anurag Tripathi informed in a release that Exam center locator app-CBSE ECL is an android based mobile app which can be used by students to locate their examination center and see the distance between current location and examination center.
- The app is available on play store.
- CBSE has also launched an Online Exam Center Management System-OECMS for the Principals of the school.
India ranked 3rd in Hurun Global Rich List 2020
- Hurun Report has released the Hurun Global Rich List 2020.
- The Hurun Global Rich List 2020 is a ranking of the US-Dollar billionaires in the world.
- The 9th edition of the Hurun Global Rich list ranked 2,816 billionaires from 71 countries and from 2,182 companies.
President of Myanmar arrives on a 4-day state visit to India
- President of Myanmar U Win Myint arrived in New Delhi on a four day state visit to India.
- Mr. U Win Myint is accompanied by the First Lady Daw Cho Cho.
- He will hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Several agreements are expected to be signed after the talks.
- He is also scheduled to meet President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The President of Myanmar is scheduled to visit Bodh Gaya and Agra during his tour.
BANKING & FINANCE
“EASE 3.0” launched for tech-enabled banking for aspiring India
- “Enhanced Access and Service Excellence (EASE) 3.0” has been launched by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman along with the EASE 2.0 Annual Report at Indian Banks’ Association function.
- This has been launched for smart, tech-enabled banking for aspiring India.
RBI allows Bandhan Bank to open new branches without prior permission
- The Reserve bank of India removes the restrictions placed on Bandhan Bank, allowing it to open new branches without prior permission.
- The RBI came up with some regulatory conditions & directed the bank to order about 25% of the total banking outlets to be opened in rural areas where banking facilities are not available.
RBI asks banks to extend farm loans eligible for subvention only via KCCs
- The Reserve Bank of India has advised banks to ensure that all short term crop loans eligible for interest subvention and prompt repayment incentive benefit are extended only through the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) with effect from April 1, 2020.
- Further, the existing short term crop loans which are not extended through KCC will need to be converted to KCC loans by March 31, 2020.
Bharti AXA General uses WhatsApp to deliver policy, renewal premium notices
- Private insurer Bharti AXA General Insurance, stated it has started delivering policies and premium renewal notices to its customers through WhatsApp.
- It also plans to soon start selling private car, two-wheeler and travel insurance through the WhatsApp chatbot.
Summit & Conference
Higher Education Leadership Development Programme launched in New Delhi
- A Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrator has been launched by the Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Ramesh Pokhriyal.
- This programme is a joint initiative of UGC and British Council under the aegis of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI).
RAISE 2020 Summit to be held in New Delhi
- The Government of India (GoI) announced the mega event, RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ to be held from April 11-12 in New Delhi.
- RAISE 2020 is India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit to be organized by the Government in partnership with Industry & Academia.
Rajesh Kumar becomes new MD & CEO of CIBIL
- TransUnion CIBIL, the largest credit information bureau appointed Rajesh Kumar of HDFC Bank as its new managing director and chief executive.
- He will succeed Satish Pillai
Jawed Ashraf becomes India’s next Ambassador to France
- Jawed Ashraf has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to France.
- He is presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Singapore.
- He will succeed Vinay Mohan Kwatra.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra will become the next Ambassador of India to Nepal, he will succeed Manjeev Singh Puri.
Jawed Ashraf To be India’s Next Ambassador To France
- Seasoned diplomat Jawed Ashraf appointed India’s next Ambassador to France.
- Ashraf is presently serving as Indian High Commissioner to Singapore.
- Ashraf succeeds Vinay Mohan Kwatra as India’s Ambassador to France, considered a crucial posting in view of rising strategic ties between the two countries.
Science & Technology
Incois launches three ocean-based services
- The Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (Incois), Hyderabad, has launched three ocean-based specialised products/services — the Small Vessel Advisory and Forecast Services System (SVAS), the Swell Surge Forecast System (SSFS) and the Algal Bloom Information Service (ABIS).
- Incois, an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Earth Sciences, provides a number of free services for users in the marine realm, including fishermen.