Daily Current Affairs – 26th November 2019
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 26th November 2019.
What happened today??
70th Constitution Day
- Every year, India celebrates the Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas on 26 November to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- The Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India on 26 November 1949, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
- 2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- The day was declared by the Government of India on 19 November 2015, since 2015 was the 125th birth anniversary year of B. R. Ambedkar, who is known as the drafter of the Indian constitution.
National Milk Day
- India celebrates National Milk Day on 26th November in memory of Dr Verghese Kurien, fondly known as the Father of White Revolution. In 2014, all the dairy majors of the country, along with the Indian Dairy Association, resolved to observe Dr Kurien’s birth anniversary on 26th November as National Milk Day.
- National Milk Day is celebrated to promote benefits related to milk and milk industry and to create awareness among people about the importance of milk and milk products.
- India is celebrating 98th birth anniversary of Dr. Kurien this year.
Devendra Fadnavis Resigns as Maharashtra Chief Minister
- Fadnavis announced his resignation to Governor BS Koshyari since the BJP was not in a position to form the government. The Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance paraded 162 MLAs.
- Of them, 52 were from the NCP. Sharad Pawar is confident of the 53rd lawmaker returning to the party fold, which would have left Ajit Pawar as the sole defector.
The President of India launches web-portal of “National Youth Parliament Scheme”
- A special function on the occasion to commemorate 70th Anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of India, – “Samvidhan Diwas” was organized in the Central Hall of Parliament.
- President Shri Ram Nath Kovind launched the Web-Portal of “National Youth Parliament Scheme”.
- The main objective of the portal is to increase the outreach of the youth parliament programme of the Ministry to hitherto untouched sections and corners of the country.
Chairman, Lokpal Shri Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose launches logo of Lokpal , Motto of Lokpal “मा गृधः कस्यस्विद्धनम्” also adopted
- The Chairman of Lokpal, Shri Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose launched the logo of Lokpal.
- The motto of Lokpal “मा गृधः कस्यस्विद्धनम् was also adopted.
- On three stage selection process, the Logo design of Shri Prashant Mishra, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh is selected for adoption as Logo of Lokpal.
Govt launches Credit-linked Subsidy Services Awas Portal
- Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri launched Credit-linked Subsidy Services Awas Portal, CLAP, in New Delhi .
- The portal provides a transparent and robust real-time web-based monitoring system for credit-linked Subsidy Services, CLSS, beneficiaries.
- Using the portal, a beneficiary can track his application status in real-time.
Parliament passes Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill
- Parliament today passed the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill, 2019, with the Rajya Sabha approving it today by a voice vote.The Lok Sabha had already passed the bill.
- It defines a transgender person as one whose gender does not match the gender assigned at birth.It provides every transgender person a right to reside and be included in his household.
- The Bill prohibits discrimination against a transgender person including denial of service, unfair treatment in education, employment, healthcare, enjoyment of goods, facilities, opportunities available to the public, right to movement and right to reside.
Parliament passes National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill
- Parliament has passed the National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill, 2019.The Rajya Sabha has already passed the bill.
- It seeks to amend the National Institute of Design Act, 2014, which declares the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad as an institution of national importance.
- It also seeks to declare four National Institutes of Design located at Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh, Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, Jorhat in Assam and Kurukshetra in Haryana as institutions of national importance.
Kharjan Tea Estate bags award for ‘Best Tea Garden School’
Apeejay Tea’s Kharjan Tea Estate bagged the award for the Best Tea Garden School at the Shramik Kalyan Divas, 2019 held at Kotalgoorie Tea Estate Field, Mariani, Jorhat
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI expands the scope of SNRR Account
- To popularise cross-border transactions in Indian rupee, the Reserve Bank of India has enhanced the scope of ‘Special Non-resident Rupee’ (SNRR) by allowing persons residing outside India to open such accounts for purposes like external commercial borrowing and trade credit in Indian rupee.
- Further, the RBI, in consultation with the government, decided to rationalise certain other provisions for SNRR Account like removing the restriction on the tenure of the SNRR account
Ind-Ra lowers FY20 growth to 5.6%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has revised downwards its growth projection for the second quarter of the current financial year to 4.7% and the full-year growth estimate to 5.6%.
CUB in pact with Fizwizard Tech for MF investments
- City Union Bank Ltd. (CUB) has tied up with Finwizard Technology Pvt. Ltd. to help its customers invest in mutual funds (MFs) through its ‘all-in-one’ mobile application.
State In News
Uttar Pradesh govt to set up state’s 1st vulture conservation
- In a major step to conserve the endangered vulture population, the Uttar Pradesh government will set up state’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre in farenda area of Maharajganj district.
- States’ first vulture conservation and breeding centre of its kind will be set up on the lines of Jatayu Conservation Breeding Centre at Pinjore in Haryana, which is also the first in the country.
- In August, more than 100 vultures were sighted near the site where the centre will be established
UP govt launches immunisation campaign against Filaria
- Uttar Pradesh government is launching a massive immunisation campaign against the filariasis or Filaria from today. Central government has set year 2021 as the deadline for complete eradication of filaria in country.
- under this campaign more than 65 thousand teams of health workers will distribute medicines to around 6.5 crore people till 10 December in 19 districts.
- Campaign will be launched by Health and Family Welfare Minister Jai Pratap Singh
Andhra Pradesh Govt Launches Helpline to Deal with Graft-Related Complaints
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Monday launched ‘14400’, a citizen helpline number meant to enable people to complain about corruption in government departments.
- The chief minister made the first call on the occasion to the call centre and enquired about its functioning.
Summit & Conference
Sangai Festival 2019 begins in Manipur
- In Manipur, week-long Manipur Sangai Festival 2019 started.
- The festival is organized by the State Tourism Department and biggest festival held annually to promote tourism.
- The formal inaugural function of the festival was held at Hapta Kangjeibung at Imphal this evening.
Accessible India-Accessible Films section launched at IFFI
- In a bid to create an all-inclusive festival, the 50th IFFI edition is screening three films for those with special needs, under the ‘Accessible India-Accessible Films’ section.
- This is a joint collaboration between IFFI, Saksham Bharat and UNESCO. The aim is to promote the creation of inclusive spaces for the differently-abled through Audio deion.
2-day Air Force Commanders’ Conference to begin in New Delhi
- The two-day Air Force Commanders’ Conference will begin in New Delhi today. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the meet.
- Top commanders of Indian Air Force will participate in it and discuss the operational, maintenance and administrative matters related to Air Force.
India attends WATEC Conference in Israel
- Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat represented India at the WATEC Conference in Israel.
- The Water Technology and Environment Control (WATEC) conference help to get updates on technologies related to water and environmental management. Several countries participated in the conference showcasing their revolutionary technologies and solutions.