Daily Current Affairs – 24 February 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
Central Excise Day celebrated on 24 February
- The Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) celebrates Central Excise Day every year on February 24 all over the country. This occasion is dedicated to Central Excise Day and Salt Act, which was enacted on 24 February 1944.
- The Central Excise Day is commemorated every year across India on February 24. It is to encourage the excise department employees to carry out the central excise duty all over the country in a better way to prevent the corruption in the goods manufacturing business as well as to implement other rules to carry out the best possible excise services.
PM Modi, US President Trump to jointly address Namaste Trump event at Motera stadium
- US President Donald Trump will arrive in Ahmedabad on a two-day visit to India. He will be accompanied by his wife Melania, daughter Ivanka, son-in-law Jared Kushner and top brass of his administration.
- In Ahmedabad, he will visit Sabarmati Ashram and take part in a roadshow with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The two leaders will jointly address over one lakh people at the Namaste Trump event at Motera cricket stadium.
- A cultural extravaganza will be organised at the stadium during the Namaste Trump event. Huge billboards of the two leaders and replicas of historic places in Gujarat have placed along the roads where people will greet the two leaders.
Ministry of MSME launches national level awareness programme
- Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has launched a National Level Awareness Programme (NLAP) 2020 from February 17 to 28.
- The objective of the NLP is to spread awareness about schemes and activities undertaken by the Ministry and its attached organisations — Office of Development Commissioner (MSME), Khadi & Village Industries Commission, Coir Board, National Small Industries Corporation Limited, National Institute of MSME, MSME Technology Centres, and Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Rural Industrialisation, as per an official statement issued .
Mumbai airport gets world’s largest ‘Export Cold Zone’ to Store Agro, Pharma Products
- On February 22, 2020, Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL), a joint venture (JV) of the GVK led consortium and Airports Authority of India (AAI) ,has unveiled the world’s largest airport-based temperature-controlled facility, the ‘Export Cold Zone’ for processing and storage of agro and pharma products, for which Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport will be the largest export gateway
Saudi Arabia,1st Arab Nation that hosts G20 finance ministers and central bank governors meeting 2020 from Feb 22-23
- The G20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors Meeting was held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on 22-23 February 2020 on the theme “Realizing Opportunities of the 21st Century for All”.
- The meet was chaired by the Saudi Arabia’s finance minister Mohammed al-Jadaan and central bank governor Ahmed al-Kholifey.
Egypt to host ‘India by the Nile’ fest in March
- The annual ‘India by the Nile’ festival in Egypt will be held this year from March 2-10, bringing with it a selection of classical and popular Indian art forms to the cities of Cairo
- The festival is organised by the Teamwork Arts (a company that specialises in showcasing Indian art at festivals all over the world) in cooperation with the Indian Embassy in Cairo and several other Egyptian partners
BANKING & FINANCE
US surpasses China to become India’s top trading partner
- The United States has surpassed China to become India’s top trading partner.
- According to the Commerce Ministry data, the bilateral trade between the US and India stood at nearly 88 billion dollars in 2018-19 fiscal. During the period, India’s trade with China was at 1 billion dollars.
Summit & Conference
World famous Goa carnival to begin in Panaji
- The world-famous Goa Carnival will begin in the capital Panaji. The festival, which displays Goan art and culture, is celebrated with fun, frolic, pomp and splendor.
- The mood in Panaji city is quite festive and all the preparations are done for the float parade that is going to take place. The floats carry different messages and themes and there is also a band of music and troupes of artists on each float vehicle.
Science & Technology
HPF validated its 1st exoplanet called G 9-40b
- On February 20, 2020, Habitable-Zone Planet Finder (HPF) ,an astronomical spectrograph installed on the 10-meter Hobby-Eberly Telescope at McDonald Observatory in Texas, Unites States(US) & built by Penn State University scientists, has validated its 1st planet (exoplanet ) called G 9-40b.