Daily Current Affairs – 29th November 2019
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 29th November 2019.
What happened today??
World AIDS Day being observed today
- World AIDS Day is being observed today to raise public awareness about Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome, AIDS. It is a pandemic disease caused due to the infection of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- The day also provides an opportunity for people to unite in the fight against HIV and to show support for those living with HIV. This year, the theme is “Communities Make the Difference
Birth centenary of Manna Dey observed in Dhaka
- The Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre of the Indian High Commission observed the birth centenary of legendary singer Manna Dey in Dhaka .
- A musical tribute was paid to Manna Dey on the occasion.
- Dr. Amitabha Chanda along with Mridula Samadder and Samiul Islam Poluck enthralled the audience with the songs and narration from the biography of Manna Dey
MoS, HRD Shri Sanjay Dhotre inaugurates the India Pavilion at International Book fair in Guadaljara, Mexico
- Shri Sanjay Dhotre, Union Minister of State (MoS) for Human Resource Development (HRD) inaugurated the India Pavilion at the International Book Fair at Guadaljara, Mexico.
- India is the ‘Guest of Honour Country’ in this book fair, and it is the first Asian country to have received this honour.
- This fair, which is called Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadaljara in Spanish, is the biggest book fair in the Spanish-speaking world.Shri Sanjay Dhotre delivered the inaugural address at the book fair during its opening yesterday.
- The National Book Trust (NBT), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Government of India (GoI), is participating as the nodal agency of the GoI in this book fair.
Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 to be launched across the country
- Centre will launch the Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 2.0 across the country .
- The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and hemophilus influenzal are also being provided in selected areas.
- The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States.
- The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
India becomes first country to make entire Haj process digital
- India has become the first country to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital.
- Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said this after signing the bilateral agreement for next year’s pilgrimage with the Saudi Haj Minister in Jeddah.
- Mr Naqvi said, an online application, e-visa, Haj mobile app, ‘e-MASIHA’ health facility, “e-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation and transportation in Mecca and Madina will be provided to 2 lakh Indian Muslims going for Haj in 2020.
India signed MoU with Qatar to set up University campus
- Maharashtra’s Savitribai Phule Pune University (STPU) and Qatar’s Milestone International Education signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to enable the University to set up its campus in Doha.
- The aim of the agreement is to provide opportunities in higher education to around 8 million Indian diaspora based in Qatar
Mukesh Ambani ranked as the 9th richest person in the world
- Reliance Industries (RIL) chief Mukesh Ambani ranked as the 9th richest person globally in the Real-Time Billionaires List of Forbes.
- His net worth was $60 billion. Ambani made it to the daily list of the top 10 richest people in the world because of the increase in the share price of his flagship firm Reliance Industries.
- Also, he became the first Indian firm to hit the Rs.10 lakh crore market valuation mark.
Shri Hari Mohan takes over as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board
- Shri Hari Mohan has taken over the charge as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) w.e.f. December 01, 2019 from Shri Saurabh Kumar who superannuated from the services.
- A 1982-batch Indian Ordnance Factories’ Service (I.O.F.S.) officer with Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shri Hari Mohan had been a topper of University of Allahabad & University of Pune while obtaining his Bachelor & Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
- He holds an M. Phil in Public Administration.
Soma Roy Burman takes charge as new Controller General of Accounts
- Smt. Soma Roy Burman, a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer, took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts here today.Smt.
- Burman is the 24th Controller General of Accounts (CGA) and is the seventh woman to hold this coveted position.
Indo Sri Lanka joint exercise MITRA SHAKTI commences
- The seventh edition of exercise MITRA SHAKTI aimed at enhancing interoperability and operational efficiency amongst the armies of India and Sri Lanka commenced today at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- The joint training exercise also signifies the strength of India-Sri Lanka relations in the field of military cooperation and engagement.
- The exercise is designed for incorporating the current dynamics of United Nations peace keeping operations through practical and comprehensive discussions and tactical exercises.