Daily Current Affairs – 19th November 2019
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 19th November 2019.
What happened today??
International Men’s Day
- International men’s Day is an annual international event celebrated on 19th November.
- It is an occasion to celebrate boys and men’s achievements and contributions.
- It was inaugurated in 1992 on 7 February by Thomas Oaster.
- In India it was started by Indian Men’s rights organization Save Indian Family on 19 November 2007.
191st Birth Anniversary of Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Rani Lakshmi Bai was born on November 19,1828 as Manikarnika Tambe in in the town of Varanasi into a Maratha Brahman family.
- She was married to Maharja of Jhansi in 1842 and afterwards known as Lakshmi Bai.
- She lead the Indian Revolt of 1857 from the region of Jhansi.
- On 18th June 1858 he died in Gwalior while fighting with Britishers.
National Integration Day
- National Integration day is observed on 19th November all over India.
- It marked the birth anniversary of First and only Women Prime minister of India.
- It is celebrated to enhance the love and harmony among the people all over India.
- First time she was elected as the Prime Minister of India in 1966 after the sudden demise of Lal Bahadur Shastri.
Bhutan to levy charges to Indian Tourists
- At present India,Bangladesh and Maldives are exempted to pay any charges wile visiting Bhutan.
- Reason is the rapid surge of tourists from India, growing 10 times in the past decade.
- About 1,80,000 tourist visited Bhutan from India in 2018.
- Other nations apart from India, Bangladesh and Maldives has to pay 18,000 per person per day as a part of “Sustainable Development Fee” & other charges.
ISRO to launch Earth Imaging and mapping satellite Cartosat 3 on November 25
- Indian space Research Organisation would launch its Earth imaging and mapping satellite Cartosat 3 from USA.
- Cartosat-3 is intended to replace Indian Remote Sensing Satellite.
- Cartosat-3 will be launched on 25th November 2019.
- Its other uses include weather mapping, cartography or army defense, and strategic applications.
Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde takes oath as 47th Chief Justice of India
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde takes oath as the 47th CJI of India.
- He succeeded Justice Ranjan Gogoi as the Chief Justice of India.
- Justice Bobde will have a tenure of 18 months and will retire on 23rd april 2021.
- He is the Former chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- CJI is the head of Supreme Court. He is the responsible for the allocation of cases and the appointment of constitutional benches.
Dr Harsh vardhan inaugurates ‘2019 World Conference on Access to Medical Products:Achieving the SDG 2030’
- Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare will inaugurate the 2019 World Conference on Access to Medical Products:Achieving the SDG 2030.
- World Conference on Access to Medical Products is the of SDG no 3. It embarks on providing Universal Health Coverage to all.
- This conference is organised by World Health Organization.
Census 2021 to be conducted in 16 languages
- 16th Indian Census will be released in 2021.
- For the first time it will be conducted on basis of Socio Economic and Caste Status since 1931.
- 2021 census will be conducted in 16 languages.
- First Census in India was published in 1872.
IRCTC signs MoU with KSTDC to run the Golden Chariot Train
- Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) to market and operate the Golden Chariot Train in New Delhi.
- Train is proposed to include Bandipur, Mysore, Halebid, Chikmagalur, Hampi, Bijapur and Goa in its itinerary.
- Since its inception in 2008 Golden Chariot Train was operated and maintained by Government of Karnataka and KSTDC.
- It is the first and the only luxury train in the whole South India.
Indian Steel Association to organise ISA – Steel Conclave 2019
- The Indian Steel Association is organizing 2nd Edition of “ISA – Steel Conclave 2019” on 21st – 22nd November, 2019 at New Delhi.
- Union Minister for Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan will be the Chief Guest at his event.
- India was the world’s Second Largest producer of Steel (106 MT) in 2018.
- Steel sector in India contributes 2% of the GDP and employs 25 lakh sperson.
- India is the 3rd largest consumer of finished steel.
Shinzo Abe to be the longest serving PM of Japan
- Shinzo Abe tied with Taro Katsura as the longest serving Prime Minister of Japan with a total of 2,886 days in office on 19th November 2019.
- He is serving the Prime Minister of Japan from 2012 and also in 2006 to 2007.
- His current tenure will end in September in 2021.
- He belongs to the Liberal Democratic Party.
Gotabaya Rajapaksa sworn as the Sri Lanka President
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa nicknamed as “The Terminator” sworn in as the Sri lankan President.
- He is the brother of former Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- He belongs to Sri Lanka’s people front political party.
- He defeated his New Democratic Front opponent Sajith Premdasa by 1,360,016 votes.