Daily Current Affairs – 10 March 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
Ekam Fest concluded on 9 March
- The exhibition cum fair “Ekam fest” concluded on 9 March. The exhibition-cum-Fair was organized by National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- EKAM Fest was aimed to promote entrepreneurship among the Divyangjan community.
- The main objective of the fest is to raise awareness about the potentialities of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
CISF celebrated 51st raising day on 10 March
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) celebrated the 51st raising day on 10 March.
- The day was celebrated by CISF personnel and their families. On the raising day, a parade was established by the CISF officials.
- Service Personnel were awarded medals for distinguished and meritorious services.
- The day is celebrated to create awareness to cooperate with the CISF to maintain peace and security in the country.
GoI constitutes committee on Kisan Rail
- Government of India has constituted a committee to work out the modalities of ‘Kisan Rail.’
- The setting up of Kisan Rail was proposed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- It was set up through the public-private-partnership (PPP) model for a cold supply chain to transport perishable goods.
Kerala to launch digital literacy drive ‘I am also digital’
- Kerala is all set to launch a massive total digital literacy campaign to ensure that the benefits of the state’s surge as an inclusive knowledge-based society reaches the grass roots level.
- The drive, powered by the Kerala State IT Mission under the Department of Information Technology and Kerala Literacy Mission, is titled as ‘I am also digital.’
Jack Ma overtook Mukesh Ambani to become Asias richest man
- Bloomberg Billionaires Index reported that Jack Ma became Asia’s richest man.
- Mukesh Ambani, who stood as Asia’s richest man, has moved to the second position after oil prices collapsed along with global stocks.
- The novel coronavirus erased $5.8 billion from Ambani’s net worth on and pushed him to No.2 on the list of Asia’s richest people.
- Jack Ma is the founder of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. He topped the list with a $44.5 billion fortune
Gujarat topped the list in the installations of solar rooftop plants
- Gujarat has topped the list in the installations of solar rooftop plants.
- It is followed by Maharashtra.
- The aim of the installations of solar rooftop plants is to achieve renewable power generation goals.
- As of 2 March, a total of 79,950 systems have been installed across the country with a combined capacity of 322 MW.
Uttarakhand first state in country to measure Gross Environment Product
- Uttarakhand state is going to become the first state of the country to measure Gross Environment Product (GEP) for quantifying ecological growth measurement.
- A five-member committee in this regard has already been formed which is headed by the principal secretary of forests, Uttarakhand.
NAI is to celebrate its 130th Foundation Day on 11 March
- National Archives of India (NAI) is to celebrate its 130th Foundation Day on 11 March 2020.
- During the occasion, the Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel will inaugurate an exhibition on Jallianwala Bagh at the premises of National Archives, New Delhi.
Delhi Metro to conduct online Customer satisfaction survey
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is going to conduct an online ‘Customer Satisfaction Survey’ through its official website – delhimetrorailrail.com from 28th April to 25th May, 2014 to get feedback from the commuters on various aspects related to metro functioning.
Chalasani Venkat Nageswar gets additional charge as CFO of SBI
- Chalasani Venkat Nageswar was given the additional charge of Deputy Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of State Bank of India (SBI) on 9 March with immediate effect.
Nupur Kulshrestha becomes Indian Coast Guard’s first woman DIG
- Nupur Kulshrestha becomes the first woman to be promoted as DIG of Indian Coast Guard.
- She joined the service in 1999 and became the first woman to be promoted to this level.
Ashraf Ghani sworn in as Afghanistan President for second term
- Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani was sworn in for a second term.
Business Line Change maker Awards 2020
Vice-President of India,M Venkaiah Naidu honoured the winners of Business Line Change maker Awards 2020 at New Delhi.
- Changemaker of the Year- Dutee Chand
- Changemaker of the year- ISRO
- Changemaker (Social Transformation)– Shanti Raghavan
- Changemaker (Digital Transformation)- Government e-Marketplace (GeM)
- Changemaker (Financial Transformation)- India Stack
- Young Changemaker-Pradeep Mewada
- Young Changemakers- Rashid k, Vimal Govind, Arun George and Nikhil
- Iconic Changemaker- Arunachalam Muruganandam