Daily Current Affairs – 10 February 2020
Daily Current Affairs :- Current Affairs section is the most important part of almost every competitive exam whether be it SSC, Banking , Insurance or State PCS examination. In this post candidates will find the important national and international news from the exam point of view. These news are incorporated from different sources like The Hindu newspaper , The Indian express and Press information Bureau (PIB).Here, is the current affairs for 17 January 2020.
World Pulses Day observed globally on 10 February
- The World Pulses Day is a day established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) to recognize the importance of the legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas, peas and lupines among others) as a global food.
- February 10, 2019, was celebrated as the first World Pulses Day.
National Deworming Day observed globally on 10 February
- The National Deworming Day is being observed on 10 February across the country.
- Children and adolescents in the age group of 1 to 19 years are being administered a single dose of a safe medicine Albendazole in all states and Union Territories on the occasion.
1st look of biopic on APJ Abdul Kalam released
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar released the first look of a biopic on former President APJ Abdul Kalam in New Delhi.
- Javadekar along with Producer and Director Madhur Bhandarkar and Hollywood Producer and Director Johnny Martin released a poster of the film on the occasion.
- Hollywood actor Muhammad Ali is playing Dr Kalam’s role in the movie.
Uttarakhand flags off first Heli Services under UDAN
- Under the Regional Connectivity Scheme “Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN)” of Government of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has operationalized the first ever helicopter services in the state of Uttarakhand.
- Under the UDAN 2 bidding process, Heritage Aviation has been given the responsibility of operating the Sahastradhara-Gauchar-Chinyalisaur route.
1000 Kudumbashree hotels to serve meals at Rs 25: Kerala budget
- Kerala government unveiled an initiative of setting up 1,000 ‘Kudumbashree’ hotels to provide subsidised Kerala meals at Rs 25 while presenting its budget for 2020-21.
- Kudumabshree has also entered into an agreement for manufacturing products such as umbrella, coconut products and curry powders on cluster basis with common name and selling it through the outlets of the Civil Supplies Corporation.
- Apart from this ₹6,000 crore has been allocated towards infra projects; among others.
- As per Kerala government’s Economic Survey for 2018-2019, state’s Gross Domestic Product pegged at 7.5% as against 7.3% in 2017-18.
Hunar Haat inaugurated in Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Governor of Madhya Pradesh Lalji Tandon has inaugurated Hunar Haat in Indore.
- Union Minister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi was also present on this occasion.
- Hunar Haat is being organized till 16th February 2020.
- Governor stated that India is a country of diversity with every region having different art, culture, language, costumes.
- This Unity in Diversity is the identity of India. Every corner of the country has a legacy of arts/crafts.
Iran launches satellite, fails to put it into orbit
- Iran launched a satellite but failed to put it into orbit in a blow to its space programme.
- The attempted launch of the Zafar comes days before the 41st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution and crucial parliamentary elections in Iran on February 21.
- Telecommunications Minister Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi admitted soon after that the launch has failed.
- Iran also unveiled a new a short-range ballistic missile and its new generation of engines designed to put satellites into space.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI moots customer protection agency for digital payments sector
- With digital payments now a part of everyday life for a large number of Indians, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will prepare the way for an agency that will look after the interests of digital payment system customers and their security.
- The rapid adoption of digital modes of payment for according to the central bank, the agency will be a self-regulatory organisation that will promote best practices in various aspects of the ecosystem, including customer protection, pricing and security.
- Wide spectrum of transactions has also led to a commensurate increase in the number of avenues available for exploitation by fraudsters.
Summit & Conference
5th Dhaka Art Summit inaugurated in Bangladesh
- The 5th edition of Dhaka Art Summit was inaugurated in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- This summit was inaugurated by State Minister for Cultural Affairs of Bangladesh KM Khalid.
- More than 500 artists, sculptors, architects and art professionals from various countries are participating in the Summit.
The 23rd Edition of National Conference on e-Governance inaugurated in Mumbai
- The 23rd edition of the annual National Conference on e-Governance has been inaugurated by Minister for Environment, Tourism & Protocol, Government of Maharashtra, Shri Aaditya Thackeray at National Sports Club of India (NSCI) Worli, Mumbai.
- The two-day conference on e-governance has been organized by DARPG and MeitY in association with Department of Information & Technology, Government of Maharashtra this year.
- Theme of the conference was: India 2020: Digital Transformation.
Mumbai Girl Youngest In World To Climb South America’s Highest Peak
- Kaamya Karthikeyan, a class seven student of Navy Children School (NCS) in Mumbai, became the youngest girl in the world to summit Mt Aconcagua, the highest peak in South America.
- At 6962 metres, Mt. Aconcagua is the highest peak outside Asia.
- She has also summited Mt Mentok Kangri II.