- Highest voter turnout: 67.90%.
- Vision for the decade: 10 points:
- Building physical and social infrastructure;
- Digital India reaching every sector of the economy;
- Pollution free India with green Mother Earth and Blue Skies;
- Make in India with particular emphasis on MSMEs, Start-ups, defence manufacturing, automobiles, electronics, fabs and batteries, and medical devices;
- Water, water management, clean Rivers;
- Blue Economy;
- Space programmes, Gaganyan, Chandrayan and Satellite programmes;
- Self-sufficiency and export of food-grains, pulses, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables;
- Healthy society – Ayushman Bharat, well-nourished women & children. Safety of citizens;
- Team India with Jan Bhagidari. Minimum Government Maximum Governance.
- Target: $5 trillion economy by 2025-Steps
- a) Connectivity
- i) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, industrial corridors, dedicated freight corridors, Bhartamala and Sagarmala projects, Jal Marg Vikas and UDAN Schemes.
- ii) Indigenous National Common Mobility Card launched in March 2019 by Prime Minister. This inter-operable transport card runs on RuPay card and would allow the holders to pay for their bus travel, toll taxes, parking charges, retail shopping and even withdraw money.
iii) FAME-II- Phase 2
Outlay of Rs. 10,000 crore for a period of 3 years, has commenced from 1st April, 2019. The main objective of the Scheme is to encourage faster adoption of Electric vehicles by way of offering upfront incentive on purchase of Electric vehicles and also by establishing the necessary charging infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- iv) Water transport
Under Jal Marg Vikas Karyakram: First multi modal terminal at Varanasi has been established. Two more such terminals at Sahibganj (Jharkhand) and Haldia (West Bengal) will be established. Prime Minister has inaugurated second Multi Modal Terminal built at Sahibganj in Jharkhand on 12 September, 2019. The terminal was built at a cost of Rs. 290 crores.
- v) Railways
Railway Infrastructure would need an investment of 50 lakh crores between 2018-2030. Budget proposed to use Public-Private Partnership to unleash faster development and completion of tracks, rolling stock manufacturing and delivery of passenger freight services.
- b) Power
Government launched Ujjwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) in 2015 aimed at financial and operational turnaround of DISCOMs.
- c) Land reforms
A Model Tenancy Law will be finalized and circulated to the States. Large public infrastructure will be built on land parcels held by Central Government and its entities through innovative instruments.
- d) Funds for MSME
Providing loans upto 1 crore for MSMEs within 59 minutes through online portal. Interest Subvention Scheme for MSMEs, 350 crore allocated for FY 2019-20 for 2% interest subvention for all GST registered MSMEs, on fresh or incremental loans. Government will create a payment platform for MSMEs to enable filing of bills and payment thereof on the platform.
- e) Capital for infrastructure financing
- i) Setting up of Credit Guarantee Enhancement Corporation.