Books for UPSC IAS Exam Preparation
Best Books For UPSC 2019-20 :- Union Public Service Commission has released notification for Civil Services Examination 2019. Syllabus for UPSC CSE 2019 is same as that of previous year UPSC examination. To clear this coveted exam selection of right and best books is necessary. Here in this post we provide the list of best books for UPSC CSE preliminary examination.
For preparing UPSC IAS prelims exam aspirants needs to follow various books collection like subject-based books, paper-based books, mock test books, syllabus based books, general studies books, solved question paper set books etc. So below we are providing complete list of books for UPSC Civil Services Exam Preparation.
|Modern History||A Brief History of Modern India -Spectrum Bipin Chandra-History of Modern India NCERT by Bipin Chandra|
|Medieval History||Satish Chandra|
|Ancient History||Old NCERT 11th class by RS Sharma|
|Indian Polity||M Laxmikanth|
|Indian Geography||NCERT 11th class-India: Physical Environment|
|Physical Geography||G C Leong|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh, Sanjeev Verma|
|World Economy||Ramesh Singh, Sanjeev Verma|
|Art & Culture||NCERT(Class 11th): An Introduction to Indian Art|
|Environment & Biodiversity||Shankar IAS book for Environment|
|General Science||Class 6th to 10th NCERT & Arihant’s Encyclopedia of General Science|
|Current Affairs||Monthly Current Affairs Magazine , The Hindu, The Indian Express|
Apart from preparing for UPSC CSE Prelims exam from above mentioned books. It is also important to go through previous year papers and Mock test for to clear this examination.
UPSC Books – Best Books For IAS Mains
Your success in the Civilservices IAS exam directly depends on the books & study material that you follow to prepare for the UPSC IAS exam. You should choose the best study material that are available in the market. This includes the standard books which are recommended by the UPSC IAS toppers.
|Subject-wise List||Civil Services Mains Books|
|Geography[GS Paper 1]||
|History, Indian Heritage & Culture[GS Paper 1]||
|Polity & International Relations[GS Paper 2]||
|Economy[GS Paper 3]||
|Ethics[GS Paper 4]||
What are the Benefits of sources we provided:
- You will be able to retain more and will help immensely in your mains examination.
- You can skip formal coaching if you have read and understood these materials. Because these materials cover long and short of your syllabus.
- You will find yourself at the same level as Toppers and have no anxiety of not reading other book’s.
- This is your foundation. You can build upon it and few other sources in case you need it. (Which I’m sure you will not feel the need)
- This will also be the most Time efficient way to cover syllabus rather than jumping from one book to other.